Queen Mother - A Biblical Theology Of Mary’s Queenship
In Queen Mother: A Biblical Theology of Mary’s Queenship, Edward Sri elucidates the common approaches taken to Mary’s role as queen and demonstrates how the “queen mother” theme in the Davidic kingdom can shed light on the presentation of Mary as heavenly queen in the New Testament and in the church. Tracing the “queen mother” motif through ancient literature and identifying it in key prophetic and Revelation texts, Sri attempts to marry tradition with doctrine through a serious engagement with both Old and New Testament readings.
In the Logos Bible Software edition, all Scripture references in Queen Mother are tagged and appear on mouse-over. This makes this resource easier to access and more powerful than ever before. The incorporation of the exegesis and dogmatic studies found in this volume with your preferred Bible, the Passage Guide, and the other Bible study tools in Logos Bible Software allows you to dive into Bible study with a significant knowledge base right in front of you.
- Traces the “queen mother” motif through ancient literature and Scripture
- Examines the tradition and doctrine of Mary’s queenship.
- Includes lists of abbreviations as well as notes and a bibliography
- Toward a Biblical Theology of Mary’s Queenship
- The Queen Mother in the Old Testament
- The Queen Mother and the New Testament Portrayal of Mary
- Summary Conclusions